There are lots of questions most couples have for me before we meet, hopefully this section will answer some of these, the list isn't exhaustive so please contact me with any others.
I see you are based in Suffolk, do you photograph weddings anywhere else?
- I certainly do, I regularly photograph weddings across the UK, I can travel internationally and am currently taking bookings as far as New Zealand!
Do I get all of the photographs?
- You will receive all edited photographs digitally that I deem good enough to reach you, usually this will be somewhere between 300-600 photographs depending on the length of coverage you have.
What happens after the wedding?
- I go home and all of your photographs are backed up from the cameras, and I have a sleep. I begin processing your photos from the very next day. Once this is done I will produce a slideshow of some of the pictures (often called a "sneak peak") for you to view and share with friends and family. I then create an online gallery, (password protected if requested) for friends and family to view your photographs and order beautiful prints. I will also send you all your photographs electronically or via USB depending on how you request them from me.
Do you photograph in colour or black and white?
- Both! Whilst all images are stored on my camera in such a format that they can be colour or black and white, I often take photographs in black and white on camera. It allows me to see the light easily and cut through the colours to see the true emotion in the photograph. I tend to produce a 50/50 split of black and white / colour photographs but if you have a preference please let me know. I have an option to produce all images in both colour and black and white.
Are you a full time photographer?
- I most certainly am, when I'm not photographing I also teach photography to new aspiring photographers.
Are you insured?
- Yes, I am fully insured. I have public liability and professional indemnity insurance. Even if you don't choose me as your photographer I encourage you to make certain your photographer has these in place, as many of my venues will refuse photographers without insurance.
Do you take group photographs?
- Although I specialise mainly in unposed photography I completely understand there are photographs that mum, dad or the grandparents really want. I am always more than happy to oblige with these. I do ask that we discuss these prior to your wedding day so that we can get through these quickly and professionally on the day.
Is there anything else we should know about you?
- I prefer acoustic to metal, IPA to fosters and film to digital. I love motorcycles, the ocean and mountains. My wife is called Sarah and we have two lovely dogs together. I used to play rugby, row and teach diving. Five years ago I was a captain sailing boats around Australia. I started photographing professionally underwater first, and I spend far too much money on photography equipment.